Our Valentines charcuterie board is a beautiful board full of decadent treats and snacks that are perfect for a lovely date night to celebrate the holiday of love. There are cute heart-shaped foods that make a fun charcuterie board.
Growing up, people often told me I was "bubbly" and enthusiastic about life. I would keep that enthusiasm hidden, but now I want to share that excitement for life with the world.
I show this enthusiasm in all of the recipes I come up with. Holidays are my favorite, so I go all out with holiday recipes. Every chance I get, I let my light shine.
We have tons of fun Valentines recipes, like our Valentines cake pops and the best red velvet cake mix cookies. If you enjoy this yummy recipe, you have to try these Valentines Day chocolate dipped fruit gifts.
For a fun Valentines morning, make these fun Valentines breakfast ideas for kids. Your kiddos will love them, plus they are so cute. They can also help you make these DIY Valentines treats for school.
This cute charcuterie board will make your Valentine's Day absolutely incredible. It is perfect to snack on while making Valentine's dinner or enjoying a fun mocktail. It's easy to assemble and incredibly delicious.
Charcuterie boards are so fun because they are a mix of savory and sweet. There is something for everyone, so this board of love will be a crowd-pleaser. You can make it for a fun date night or a Galentines theme party.
Why you should make this recipe
- It is a fun Valentine's Day twist on a classic charcuterie board.
- It's the perfect Valentine's charcuterie board.
- Making this board is a great way to celebrate this holiday of love.
- You can customize this board however you want by adding your favorite foods and treats.
- Dips - I like to use sweet and savory dips for variety. 1-2 jars will do.
- Gluten-free crackers - I love using heart shaped veggie chips
- Cheese - I recommend having 3 different types.
- Meat - Add your favorite meats to this delicious board, and don't forget to make the adorable meat roses.
- Fresh fruit - Berries are my favorite for this board.
- Valentines cookies - Bonus points if they are heart shaped.
- Heart-shaped chocolates - Who doesn't love heart-shaped chocolates?
- Chocolate-covered pretzels - I love how pretzels are the perfect combination of salty and sweet.
- Greenery - Add fresh greenery for aesthetics.
How to make this Valentines charcuterie board
Grab a charcuterie board
Find a wooden board of your liking (I think a heart-shaped board is cute) to be the base of your Valentine's Day board. A cutting board works fine as well.
Place heart cups and spreading knives where you want them to go. You don't have to use heart cups, but we think they make the board even more special.
Add wet ingredients
Add dips (like fruit dip), sauce, or berries into the little heart cups. You can also add things like pickles or any other wet ingredients to the little cups.
Keeping the wet ingredients is very important because it keeps the other ingredients dry. You don't want the juices of the other ingredients to get all over the crackers.
Add heart cut-out cheeses around the board. A heart shape cookie cutter is super helpful for this step.
I recommend at least three varieties of cheeses for this cheese board. You could do soft cheese (like goat cheese) and hard cheese (like cheddar).
Make salami roses
Salami roses are so cute on this Valentine charcuterie board. Roses are perfect for Valentine's Day anyway, so why not add them to your food also?
These roses aren't hard to make at all, and they are incredibly gorgeous. Making them is the perfect way to spice up a charcuterie board.
Now it is time to add some savory meats. Place them all over the board with crackers (I used some heart shaped veggie chips here!), fruits, and veggies.
I love adding fresh lots of fresh red raspberries and blackberries to this board! Fruits add gorgeous color to this charcuterie board.
Fill the board with treats
Fill the empty spaces with sweet treats. Chocolate-dipped strawberries are a classic.
Chocolate covered pretzels, small candies, chocolate bars, sugar cookies, and other treats are perfect for this board. There is no wrong way to put candy on a charcuterie board, so have fun with it!
For the finishing touch, add green herbs to garnish this Valentines Day charcuterie board. Put them wherever you think they will look best.
I find that adding herbs gives charcuterie boards a live, effervescent look. Plus, it adds more color and contrast.
Tips for recipe success
- Use small bowls - If you don't have heart cups, small bowls work! Use whatever you have at home and it will be perfect.
- Finishing touches - Sprinkle conversation hearts throughout the board for an extra touch.
Storage and Freezing
Storing - Place all items that need refrigeration into containers or plastic bags and store in the fridge.
Non-refrigerator items (cookies, crackers) can be stored in containers or bags at room temperature.
Freezing - We don't recommend freezing this Valentine's Day charcuterie board.
Can I make this dairy-free?
Of course! Replace the cheeses with your favorite dairy-free cheeses (or go without cheese if you desire). Also, replace any of the chocolate treats with dairy-free options.
Is it possible to make a charcuterie board the night before?
Yup! Assemble the cheeses, meats, and dips the night before and wrap the board with plastic wrap before placing in the fridge.
Add the crackers and candies right before your guests arrive. I wouldn't suggest making the charcuterie board more than 24 hours ahead of time.
Ways to enjoy
This charcuterie board would pair perfectly with our Valentines mocktail. Charcuterie boards are usually enjoyed with beverages, so this just makes sense! These recipes are perfect for a Valentine's party!
These Valentines gifts for babies and college girlfriends are great because they are simple but perfect for the holiday. Even just the smallest gift means a lot. We especially recommend these Valentines cookie gifts.
Valentines Charcuterie Board
- 1-2 jars Sweet dips and savory if you like
- 1 box GF crackers (I love using heart shaped veggie chips)
- 24 ounces Variety of cheese
- 24 ounces Variety of meats
- 16 ounces Berries or other fresh fruit
- 1 box Valentines cookies
- 8 ounces Heart shaped chocolates
- 8 ounces Chocolate covered pretzels
- Fresh greenery for aesthetic
- Get a board and place heart cups and little spreading knives where you would like them
- Add some dips, sauce or berries in the little cups as well as things like pickles which are wet and can make a mess
- Add heart cut out cheeses around the board, I recommend at least three varieties
- Make salami roses and add those in as well
- Add the cured meats, crackers (I used some heart shaped veggie chips here!), fruits and veggies (I love adding fresh lots of fresh red raspberries and blackberries to this board!)
- Add all the yummy treats! Chocolate covered pretzels, heart shaped chocolates, cookies with hearts and whatever else your HEART desires
- Finish by adding in the green herbs to give it a live, effervescent look