Our pumpkin feta dip (2-minute) is such a fun fall recipe that everyone will love. The pumpkin acts as a serving bowl, so not only do you have a delicious snack, but you also won't have a ton of dishes to wash.
My favorite thing is making recipes that you can delight in. We always look forward to holiday snacks in our house because we only have them during the holidays. I always find delight in this excitement for traditional treats.
Around here, we love delicious food, and we think that you should enjoy eating it. I believe in taking the time to enjoy food with your loved ones. You have to eat anyway, so why not enjoy the experience?
We have a ton of amazing appetizers that you need to try during the holiday season—for example, our Valentines charcuterie board. Like our deviled eggs ideas for Easter, it makes the best snack to enjoy during a party.
Our 4th of July appetizers and Halloween witch finger snacks are easy to make and super popular. And, of course, you have to try our Christmas charcuterie board. Charcuterie boards are super fun appetizers to try out.
I love holiday flavors, especially fall ones. Bring on the pumpkin spice, apple cider, and caramel! That is one of the many reasons why I love this recipe so much and why I love our Texas Roadhouse sweet potato casserole copycat too.
This pumpkin feta dip is going to become your new favorite appetizer especially on our fall charcuterie board or even on this Thanksgiving turkey charcuterie board. It is creamy, savory, and scrumptious. Plus, it's super easy to make. It's also great next to our old fashioned Thanksgiving dressing recipe.
Why you should make this recipe
- It doubles as a decoration for your snack table
- It's a crowd pleaser
- This appetizer is perfect for fall
- Crumbled feta - Feta cheese has such a unique taste that pairs perfectly with pumpkin for this pumpkin dip
- Pumpkin puree - We like to make it easy, so there's need for a food processor to mix up pumpkin for this dip
- Plain yogurt - You can also use Greek yogurt.
- Honey - Honey balances out the flavors to create a sweet, but savory, dip
- Olive oil - You will only need one tablespoon of olive oil
- Garlic powder - I love the flavor garlic powder adds to this recipe
- Salt - We like using sea salt
- Cayenne - Just a bit will do
How to make pumpkin feta dip (in a pumpkin)
Mix it all together
Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Then pour into the hollowed-out pumpkin or pumpkin dish.
We like using a hollowed-out pumpkin because it's super festive and adorable. A pumpkin dish works well, too.
Tips for success
- Use Greek yogurt - Use Greek yogurt for a thicker dip. You can also use sour cream if you're in a pinch.
- Add lemon juice - Try adding some lemon juice or lemon zest for extra flavor.
- Gluten- free crackers - For a gluten-free option, use gluten-free crackers to dip! You can also use cut-up veggies.
Storage and Freezing
Storing - Keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
Freezing- Store in an airtight container for up to 2-3 months. To defrost, put the container in the fridge overnight.
What can I use to eat the dip?
A great thing about this savory appetizer is that there are so many dipable options. We love using pita bread, crackers, carrot sticks, and other vegetables you want to dip.
What can I use instead of honey?
Agave works well with this dip too if you cannot eat honey. The sweetness is really important to balance out the flavors.
Ways to enjoy
Any of these sparkling non-alcoholic drinks would pair brilliantly with this easy whipped feta dip. I love serving a tasty drink with anything I make because they are so fun!
This best Thanksgiving punch would pair well because both are perfect fall recipes. You should also try these gluten-free Thanksgiving dessert ideas. These are all great for a fall dinner or a Thanksgiving feast.
Pumpkin Feta Dip (2-Minute)
- 1 sugar pumpkin, hollowed out optional
- 8 ounces crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth then pour into the hollowed out pumpkin or pumpkin dish