This best Thanksgiving punch recipe makes the perfect drink for Thanksgiving dinner. It has the delicious flavors of fall and will be a crowd pleaser.
My three core values for my brand are celebrate, tradition, and delight. I love to celebrate every single thing in life, especially the small things. Traditions are important to me because of the beautiful memories they create.
Lastly, I love to delight in delicious food. Because after all, food is one of life's luxuries, and I try my best to make (and enjoy) the best food there is out there. Like our old fashioned Thanksgiving dressing recipe for example...
Festive drinks are tons of fun to make, especially during the fall season because of the incredible flavors of the season. I love to make these drinks in bulk and sip on them all day during the season along with our Starbucks white hot chocolate, cranberry mocktail and other sparkling non-alcoholic drinks.
Non-alcoholic beverages are a great alternative to cocktails because they don't leave anyone out. Everyone can drink this punch and will love it. It is perfect to serve at a big meal like Thanksgiving.
Why should I make this recipe?
- It is a fun drink for holiday parties.
- You only need simple ingredients.
- It's nice to have a non-alcoholic option drink on special occasions, especially on favorite holidays.
- Ice - Ice is key to a good drink, in my opinion. Make sure you buy extra ice just in case you run out or if your freezer decides to stop working (unfortunately, speaking from experience...)
- Ginger beer or tonic water - The choice here is up to you. Some people are allergic to ginger, so tonic water may be the best option if you are concerned about allergies.
- Pomegranate juice - Pomegranate juice is one ingredient that gives this perfect fall drink its fall flavoring.
- Pomegranate arils - These are the seed pods inside the pomegranate. You can buy them separately.
- Limes - Get 4 juicy limes to create this delicious drink.
- Cinnamon sticks - I love cinnamon sticks because they serve two purposes: one, they add in some
- Nutmeg - You can't have a perfect fall drink without nutmeg. It has so much flavor that really enhances this drink.
- Agave syrup (optional) - Although it is optional, we absolutely recommend agave syrup. Its sweet flavor perfectly contrasts with the ginger beer and lime flavors.
How to make the best Thanksgiving punch recipe
Add ice and pomegranate juice
Grab yourself your favorite large punch bowl. Most punch bowls hold about a gallon of liquid, so that will hold this drink perfectly.
First, add 6 cups of ice to the bowl. Then you will add the pomegranate juice on top of the ice.
Add ginger beer or tonic water
You can use ginger beer or tonic water as the base of this drink. It depends on your taste preference and if someone that will be drinking this punch has a ginger allergy.
Pour whichever base you pick into the punch bowl slowly. Pouring too quickly will cause a huge mess.
Squeeze the limes
Take the four limes you have and roll them on the counter. You get more lime juice this way.
Then, half the limes and squeeze them into a separate bowl. Once you have the lime juice, remove any seeds that fell in and pour the lime juice into the punch bowl.
Prepare the cups
Stir the punch bowl gently to combine the ingredients. Then you can pull out the cups.
Fill your copper cups with large glasses of ice and scoop in the punch. Hold the cup over the bowl so you do not spill.
Now for the fun part: garnishing. I love the taste of this drink, but I also love making it look pretty.
Top the beverage with a dash of freshly ground nutmeg and a drizzle of agave syrup if you want more sweetness. Then add whole cinnamon sticks to each cup.
Tips for success
- Use fun glasses - I recommend copper cups (Moscow mule) for this recipe because I think they are gorgeous for a festive punch. The best way to serve any good cocktail is with a fun glass because they make it feel like an experience.
- Keep adding ice - To keep the drink from getting to room temperature, keep adding ice throughout your Thanksgiving meal.
- Go to the grocery store early - Because making a punch requires more ingredients, it is best to go to the store early to get the ingredients. The holiday season is a crazy time to shop and ingredients can run out quickly.
- Serve all day long - Thanksgiving day is a long, crazy day sometimes, so make this perfect Thanksgiving punch early in the day and serve all day. Keep an eye on the punch bowl and keep making it as needed.
Storage and Freezing
Storing - This punch will go flat after about 2 hours, so it is best to make it right before you are ready to serve it. There is no way to keep it from going flat after adding in the ginger beer.
Freezing - We would not recommend freezing this non-alcoholic drink. The punch will go flat because the carbonation goes into the air.
What is non-alcoholic punch made of?
There are tons of different ways to make non-alcoholic holiday drinks. Common drinks used as bases for non-alcoholic beverages are ginger ale, orange juice, cranberry juice, pineapple juice, and other types of fruit juice.
Lemon-lime soda is another popular base used for non-alcoholic punches. Then you add whatever you want to make a drink, like fresh fruit (like orange slices, apple slices, and fresh cranberries).
What did the Pilgrims drink on Thanksgiving?
They drank water and tea. Historians have done the research and could not find any evidence of other beverages consumed on the first Thanksgiving.
Ways to enjoy
This fall punch would pair wonderfully with our gluten-free turkey. All of the incredible flavors together make Thanksgiving dinner magical. This truly is the perfect Thanksgiving punch.
Our gluten-free gravy goes great with our gluten free mashed potatoes and stuffing. We know that being on a gluten-free diet can be tricky, so we made sure to have all of the Thanksgiving recipes available to all.
These gluten free green bean and corn casseroles are incredible side dishes we highly recommend for your Thanksgiving meal. Wondering how to reheat your Thanksgiving sides or when you should cook them? We have that covered.
After you finish eating your Thanksgiving meal, it is time for dessert. We have all of the amazing gluten-free Thanksgiving desserts you will ever need. Then you can cozy up with your family and watch the best family Thanksgiving movies.
Best Thanksgiving Punch
- 6 cup ice
- 48 oz ginger beer or tonic water
- 8 tbsp pomegranate juice
- 4 tbsp pomegranate arils
- 4 limes
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- fresh nutmeg
- agave syrup optional
- Fill punch bowl with large pieces of ice
- Pour pomegranate juice and pomegranate arils into the punch bowl
- Pour in ginger beer or tonic water over ice
- Squeeze in lime juice and stir gently to combine
- Top with a dash of fresh ground nutmeg, cinnamon stick and drizzle of agave syrup if desired for more sweetness