This layered 4th of July mocktail is the perfect drink for patriotic holidays. It is a delicious drink with beautiful patriotic colors.
When I throw a party, I want to make it memorable. I want people to look back on the event and smile because of the memories they have made. One way to do that is through food.
I love coming up with recipes that pair well with an event because they make the recipe special to that event. Making a signature mocktail is a great way to do this as well.
This mocktail is refreshing and perfect for a hot summer day. I also love making strawberry-flavored drinks in the summer because strawberries are in season and perfectly fresh.
We love this fresh raspberry mocktail, virgin strawberry margarita (with a twist), and blue lagoon mocktail recipes. They are great non-alcoholic drinks to sip on with your best friends and your family by the pool. And this non alcoholic champagne is perfect for any celebration!
Celebrating the holidays? These halloween mocktails, our cranberry mocktail, Valentines mocktails, green Christmas drinks, the best Thanksgiving punch and layered 4th of July mocktail are all delicious. Champagne punch (can easily be made with non-alcoholic champagne) are great options as well!
This delicious mocktail is a simple drink that is perfect for any patriotic holiday like Memorial Day, Labor Day, the 4th of July (and be sure to try our homemade root beer), or a summer party. Not only does it taste good, but it is also absolutely gorgeous. Similar to our other sparkling non-alcoholic drinks.
Why you should make this recipe
- It is a refreshing drink that helps you beat the summer heat.
- This recipe makes a kid-friendly drink because there is no alcohol, and is colorful.
- It requires simple ingredients, making it an easy drink recipe.
- Making this recipe is a perfect way to celebrate July 4th.
- It is a pretty drink for an Independence Day party.
- Grenadine - Grenadine gives this fun drink a tart but sweet flavor. It gives a great contrast to the fruity flavor the lemonade gives the drink. It also creates the beautiful red layer of this layered drink.
- Lemonade - The combination of sweet and sour that lemonade has
- Piña colada mix - What is a summery drink without a bit of piña colada flavoring? Make sure it doesn't have alcohol.
- Non alcoholic rum (optional) - This is completely optional, but adding non alcoholic rum is super delicious.
- Blue curacao syrup - This delicious syrup gives this drink its beautiful blue color.
- Club soda - Club soda is the main ingredient in this patriotic mocktail recipe.
- Ice - You can use any type of ice, but large ice cubes work best. They do not melt as easily as other ice cubes.
How to make this layered 4th of July mocktail
Prepare the glass
Grab your prettiest glass (a wine glass works well) and add the grenadine. This is how you get the fun red color for this refreshing drink.
Then fill the glass with ice. You can use whatever ice you want as long as you fill up the glass.
Combine lemonade and piña colada mix
Grab a drink shaker and pour in the lemonade and piña colada mix. Give it a nice shake combine them.
If you want to add in the non alcoholic rum, you will add it in with the lemonade and piña colada mix. We recommend adding the non alcoholic rum because it adds to the tropical flavor of the drink.
Add lemonade mixture to the glass
After mixed well, you will add the lemonade mixture to the glass. Do not pour directly in the glass, though.
Grab a spoon and slowly pour the lemonade mixture over the back of the spoon into the cup. Doing this will help ensure the layers of the drink.
Add syrup and soda
Combine the blue curacao syrup and club soda in a measuring cup to create the blue layer. Then slowly pour into the glass over the white layer of the drink.
The layers of the drink stay separate because you pour the layers in slowly. After pouring in the blue syrup, enjoy the beauty of the beverage.
Tips for success
- Pick out fun glasses - I believe drinks taste better in a pretty glass. This drink is so pretty that you have to show it off!
- Take pictures - This mocktail is photo ready. Take a cute picture with your drink and post it to your Instagram.
- Make extra - Trust me when I say you want to have extra ingredients because you want to make seconds.
Storage and Freezing
Storing - It is best to make this drink right when you are about to drink it. You can store it in the fridge after making it, but there is a chance the ingredients can mix together over time, and the colors will blend together.
Freezing - We don't recommend freezing this drink because it is better fresh.
How do you get the layers to stay in a layered drink?
The key is to have the thickest ingredient at the bottom of the glass. It is basically like a science experiment making a layered drink.
As long as you have the thickest (most sugary) ingredient on the bottom and the lightest on top, you should be fine. Make sure the ingredients' density is not too close to each other or they will mix.
Why should you drink mocktails?
Mocktails are also a great option for those who are sober. They can still socially drink without having to worry about being left out. Designated drivers also can drink socially without having to worry about the safety of getting everyone home.
Ways to enjoy
This delicious non-alcoholic drink would be great to serve at a 4th of July party. Serve it with a delicious gluten free burger and gluten free apple pie jars and you have yourself a fantastic Fourth of July celebration meal.
You should also serve these 4th of July appetizers while waiting for those burgers to grill. For a sweet, but healthy, option, try out this easy 4th of July fruit pizza. There are also these best 4th of July foods to make your party even better.
We hope you love this beverage have a happy 4th of July!
Layered 4th of July Mocktail
- 1 cocktail shaker
- 1 ounce grenadine
- 2 1/2 ounces lemonade
- 1/2 ounce pina colada mix
- 1 ounce non alcoholic rum (optional but delicious)
- 1 ounce blue curacao syrup
- 4 ounces club soda
- Add grenadine to a glass then fill with ice
- Combine lemonade and pina colada mix in a shaker and give a good shake (if using non-alcoholic rum, add it here as well)
- Slowly pour the lemonade mixture over the back of a spoon into the cup
- Combine blue curacao syrup and club soda in a measuring cup then slowly pour into the cup over the white layer