This non alcoholic champagne recipe is wonderful for any special occasion. With the crisp flavor of cranberries and pomegranates and the voluminous deployment of bubbles, it is the perfect drink.
I love to celebrate the holidays, and one way to make a holiday special is to have a fun holiday drink. Growing up, my mom would make any holiday special, no matter how small.
She inspired me to do the same for my kids. So, whenever a holiday is coming up, my kids know the house will be decorated. I love making holidays special for them, just like my mom did for me.
We love these green Christmas drinks because they are incredibly festive. The pink color of our Valentines mocktail basically screams Valentine's Day. I love to make these Valentine's cookie gifts when sipping on that mocktail.
This non-alcoholic sparkling wine is the perfect choice for any special event, especially for a baby shower. It is also a great option for happy hours, birthday parties, or any event in which you want to have a fancy drink.
It has a great taste and almost tastes like the real thing. Our cranberry beverage is a twist on a traditional sparkling wine without alcohol. It's great to enjoy with our new year's eve charcuterie board during your new years day activities as well.
We know you are going to absolutely love this fantastic drink. It's one of my favorite sparkling non-alcoholic drinks.
Why you should make this recipe
- You can drink it during dry January and celebrate the new year.
- This drink will make you feel super fancy.
- It is a great sparkling wine alternative.
- Pomegranate arils - Mixed with pomegranate juice, these pomegranate arils add an incredible flavor to this alcohol-free champagne.
- Cranberries - Pomegranates and cranberries pair perfectly in beverages.
- Rosemary - I love the look of rosemary, so I tend to use it often to garnish. It also adds an earthy flavor to this drink.
- Pomegranate juice - Pomegranate juice gives this drink its beautiful red coloring.
- Ice - A good drink always has ice.
- Gruvi non-alcoholic prosecco, chilled - Non-alcoholic prosecco provides the sparkling taste and bubbles to this delicious drink.
- Lime wedge - Lime flavoring adds a bit of pizazz to any drink, especially this one.
- Cranberry cocktail sugar - You can also use plain sugar.
How to make non alcoholic champagne
Muddle pomegranate arils
Grab a cocktail shaker and throw in 2 tablespoons of pomegranate arils, 1/4 cup of cranberries, and 1 sprig of rosemary. Then, you are going to muddle them.
Muddling is smushing ingredients, mainly fruits and herbs, to mush them together. They add great flavors to a drink when they are a bit smoother and mixed.
Once you have muddled the arils, cranberries, and rosemary, add pomegranate and ice to the cocktail shake. Then, close the lid.
Shake until the outside of the mixer becomes cold and frosty. Make sure the lid is on tight!
Rim the glass
Then, grab your glasses. Take the wedge of lime and run the flesh over the top and a bit of the sides of the rim.
Dip the lime juice rims in cranberry cocktail or regular sugar. I like to rim the sides as well so there is a little extra sugar.
Pour the drink
Once you have rimmed the glass, place 5 cranberries and 1 teaspoon of pomegranate arils in each cup. Pour the cold cocktail mixture into both cups.
Top with chilled Gruvi prosecco. To finish the drink, add a sprig of rosemary to each glass before serving.
Tips for recipe success
- Try different wine alternatives - Jennie Paris is a fantastic alcohol-free champagne alternative. We recommend Gruvi non-alcoholic prosecco, but it is fun to try other beverages too.
- Use a fun champagne flute - One of my favorite parts about serving drinks is the fun glasses. I love to buy beautiful glasses to enhance the beauty of the drink.
Storage and Freezing
Storage - It is pretty hard to store this beverage because the non-alcoholic champagne will go flat. It is best to make this drink and enjoy it right away.
Freezing - You can absolutely freeze the muddled fruit for future use. Use an ice cube tray and put the fruit in each cube.
These will last up to 8 months in the freezer. Whenever you are ready to use them, pop them in your drink and they double as ice cubes.
What is a non-alcoholic drink?
A non-alcoholic drink is just like it sounds: a drink without alcohol. You may also hear it called a virgin drink or a mocktail.
There are varieties of mocktails, but the main way to have a mocktail is to take a cocktail and remove the alcohol. It is still the same drink, just without the alcohol.
What is the purpose of a non-alcoholic drink?
There are many reasons to choose a non-alcoholic beverage over an alcoholic one. In terms of health, skipping out on alcohol will lower your blood pressure and help you lose some weight.
Mocktails are also fantastic for those who are sober. They can have a fun drink without having to feel left out.
What is in non-alcoholic champagne?
Non-alcoholic champagne goes through vacuum distillation or reverse osmosis processes to remove the alcohol. So it is still champagne, just without the alcohol.
Ways to enjoy
This non-alcoholic wine would pair well with any of these gluten-free Thanksgiving dessert ideas. Pomegranate and cranberries are fall flavors, so Thanksgiving foods work well with this drink.
If you are looking for Thanksgiving menu items, check our this best Southern Thanksgiving menu for delicious ideas. You should also try these seafood Thanksgiving ideas for a fun Thanksgiving menu variety.
Non Alcoholic Champagne
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup ice
- 20 ounces Gruvi non-alcoholic prosecco, chilled
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate arils
- 10 cranberries
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 wedge lime
- cranberry cocktail sugar (or plain sugar) for rimming the glass
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils, 1/4 cup cranberries and 1 sprig of rosemary
- Add the pomegranate juice and ice then close lid
- Shake until outside of the mixer becomes cold and frosty
- Meanwhile, rim your glasses by taking the wedge of lime and running the flesh over the top and a bit of the sides of the rim
- Dip lime juice rims in cranberry cocktail or regular sugar
- Place 5 cranberries and 1 tsp. of pomegranate arils in each cup
- Pour cold cocktail mixture evenly into both cups and top with chilled Gruvi prosecco
- Finish with a sprig of rosemary in each glass for serving