These Halloween sandwiches are a great Halloween twist on a typical sandwich. Whether hosting a frighteningly fun party or just looking for an easy meal, this festive treat will satisfy your guests and the whole family.
We love to throw holiday parties, especially Halloween parties like our Halloween brunch and witches night out. There are tons of fun foods and spooky decorations that your little monsters will love. Plus, you get to dress up in super fun costumes.
Parties provide an experience to create great memories for years to come. When you go all out for a party, your friends and family will remember it. I love creating a party that can become a tradition for my kids and so on.
If your Halloween party is with kids, be sure to check out our Halloween books for kids that you may want to read at the party.
We have last minute guy Halloween costume ideas in case there is a last-minute party to attend. These Halloween witch finger snacks and our charbooterie board are also great for a last-minute party food.
Serve these Halloween crescent roll recipes with our Halloween mocktails at a party for tasty-themed treats that everyone will love. If you like the spooky look of the Halloween mocktail, try our homemade root beer recipe.
You are in the right place if you are looking for an easy recipe that is a step up from grilled cheese. The creamy butter and cream cheese spread comprise wonderful spices that elevate this sandwich.
This spooky sandwich and our Halloween bark (or Halloween chex mix) is a great addition to any Halloween party. The ghost shapes of the sandwich add to the party foods of a Halloween party. They will get you into the Halloween spirit, and everyone will love them.
Why you should make this recipe
- This sandwich pairs well with other Halloween snacks, making the perfect Halloween spread.
- It's a fun way to celebrate Halloween.
- Your kiddos can help you make them!
- They go great with everything including our Hocus Pocus charcuterie board
- Gluten-free bread - We use gluten-free bread, but you can use whatever bread you want. It's good with whole wheat bread too.
- Turkey - You can use other deli meat if you like, but we recommend turkey.
- White cheddar cheese - The white cheddar cheese slices help create that ghost look, giving it its white color.
- Butter - Butter is one of the bases for the spread on the sandwich.
- Cream cheese - Cream cheese is the other base for the creamy spread.
- Garlic clove - Garlic has a bit of a spicy flavor to it, which pairs well with the other spices used in this recipe. Plus, it makes the turkey sandwich a little more exciting.
- Dried oregano - Oregano really elevates a sandwich and gives it a bit of extra flavor.
- Dried parsley - Parsley adds an earthy flavor that enhances the flavors of this sandwich.
- Dried dill weed - Drilled dill weed has a milder flavor than fresh dill weed, but it still has that tangy flavor.
- Dried basil - Dried basil has a more concentrated flavor, giving a strong herby flavor to this delicious sandwich.
- Grated parmesan - Who doesn't like extra cheese?
- Onion salt - Onion salt makes life a lot easier because you don't have to chop up onions.
- Black gel icing - Black gel icing creates edible eyes for the ghost sandwiches.
How to make Halloween sandwiches
Make butter mixture
Put the butter, cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, and herbs in a mixing bowl. Also add the salt and pepper.
Mix until evenly mixed. You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer.
Once mixed together, put the mixture in the refrigerator. Allow it to chill for 10 minutes.
Then, take a knife and evenly spread the butter mixture over the bread. Only put it on one slice of bread.
Then, add the turkey and the other slices of bread. Place the white cheddar cheese on top of the sandwich.
Dot the cheese gently with black gel icing to create the eyes. Then, cut the sandwich with a ghost cookie cutter.
Tips for recipe success
- Try out different shapes - Try out different cookie cutter shapes for fun Halloween shapes. For example, use cheddar cheese and make pumpkin sandwiches!
- Use different deli meats - You can try different deli meat, like ham, or you could use multiple types of meat to add different flavors to the sandwich.
- Gummy candy - Serve with gummy worms on the side for an extra creepy feel.
Storage and Freezing
Storage - Keep the sandwiches in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. Store them in an airtight container or plastic wrap.
Freezing - Make your turkey and cheese sandwiches and place them in a freezer bag. Release the air out of the bag and freeze.
They will last 1-3 months in the freezer. Put the sandwiches in the fridge the day before you are ready to use.
What are popular Halloween foods?
Any type of fall food works well for Halloween time. Typical flavors like pumpkin and apple are popular in the month of October.
Pumpkin foods like pumpkin bread, pie, and muffins are common, and apple foods like apple pie, bread, crumble, and caramel are also popular. And of course, any type of candy is considered a Halloween food.
What should I serve with these sandwiches?
Fruits and vegetables work great as a side to serve with sandwiches Soups are also a great option. Bonus points if it is a fall soup like pumpkin soup or butternut squash.
Ways to enjoy
These spooky sandwiches pair well with our yummy Halloween worms in dirt recipe. You can also make our fried hotdog worms sandwich and cut bread into witches fingers and top with a red sprinkled almond. These are all easy Halloween treats that will make your Halloween night spooky and fun.
You can serve this recipe at our Witches Night Out Halloween party with no-bake ghost cookies and easy spider cookies. Everyone will love the haunting treats and they get to dress up as witches for the event!
Not a fan of dressing up as a witch? No worries. We have our mummy costume and mummies night out Halloween party, which will be a huge hit.
Serve our Charbooterie at the party because it makes a delicious snack. The best part is that is also acts as a decoration! There are so many charcuterie boards out there to try.
We hope you have the spookiest Halloween!
- 8 slices gluten-free bread
- 4 slices turkey
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- Black gel icing for eyes
- Whip together the butter, cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper, and herbs in a bowl until evenly mixed
- Chill in the refrigerator 10 minutes then evenly spread over bread
- Top with turkey and the other slice of bread
- On the top piece of bread place your white cheddar and dot gently with black gel icing