Get ready to savor the perfect holiday treat with these Christmas Oreo truffles. Made with Oreo cookies and rich cream cheese, these yummy balls are so easy to make.
Covered in white chocolate and decorated with Christmas sprinkles, these truffles are not only delicious, but so cute! Perfect for holiday cookie boxes, the Christmas dessert table, giving as gifts, or any holiday gathering.
The familiar combination of Oreo cookies and cream cheese sparks a sense of nostalgia for most of us. Paired with a cup of festive hot cocoa or a cranberry mocktail, now you have the perfect treat for the holidays. Also, consider making our no bake Christmas wreath cookies.
Whether you choose to serve this no bake dessert at the end of Christmas dinner or at a cookie exchange, it's guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. Along with Oreo balls, I like to make these frosted ginger cookies or a batch of easy Christmas popcorn for the holiday dessert table.
Finding easy recipes, that are also delicious, can be a challenge but it's worth it during the holidays. Saving precious time in the kitchen allows you to spend more time with those you love.
Why you'll love this Oreo ball recipe
- You can make a whole batch in just 12 minutes, saving you precious time in the kitchen.
- Made with gluten-free Oreos, these are perfect for those with gluten allergies or celiac disease.
- Since truffles are so easy to make, this is a great recipe to get the kids involved in.
- They will stay good in the fridge for up to 3 weeks, making them a great recipe to prep.
- Oreos - I prefer to use gluten-free Oreos but any kind of cookies n cream cookies will work. If you want more cookie, use Oreo thins. If you want more cream, use mega stuffed Oreos. Golden Oreos will work, but the taste will change significantly.
- Cream cheese - Full fat cream cheese binds the ingredients together and creates a creamy, irresistible base. Softened cream cheese blends easier as well, so leave it at room temperature for a few minutes before working with.
- Almond bark - Almond bark melts into a smooth coating and it is great on our Christmas crack chex mix as well
- Sprinkles - I like to use red sprinkles or green sprinkles. Any type of Christmas sprinkles will do.
Can I use colored almond bark?
Yes, you can use different colors of almond bark, candy melts, or colored melted chocolate. Mix in a couple drops of green or red food coloring to your almond bark for a vibrant, festive touch. You can also drizzle these classic Oreo balls with colored white chocolate or almond bark as well.
How to make Christmas Oreo Truffles
Step 1: Crush
In a food processor or blender, crush the cookies until they become fine crumbs.
Step 2: Blend
Add the cream cheese to the food processor and blend until smooth.
Step 3: Shape
Roll the Oreo mixture into 1 inch balls. Allow them to chill for at least one hour on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Step 4: Coat
Dip the chilled cookie balls into melted almond bark and cover. Add sprinkles before the almond bark dries.
Pro tip: Microwave your almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring in between. This will prevent burning.
How far in advance can I make these Oreo cookie balls?
These truffles will last in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. That being said, feel free to make them up to 3 weeks in advance but do note, they will be better freshly prepared. This is a great way to save precious time in the kitchen during the holiday season.
- If you're a chocolate lover, feel free to use chocolate almond bark instead of white chocolate. You can also blend milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips into the cream cheese mixture.
- For extra festive Oreo truffles, use peppermint flavored Oreos or top the truffles with crushed candy canes.
- Blend pecans, almonds, or hazelnuts in with the truffle mixture for an added nutty crunch.
Storing - In an airtight container, store these Christmas Oreo balls in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Freezing - Place the balls in an airtight container, making sure you add a piece of parchment paper in between each layer. This yummy treat will keep in the freezer for 2 months. You can place them in the fridge so they can thaw when you are ready to eat them, or enjoy them frozen!
More recipes you'll love
- This christmas reindeer chex mix is another easy recipe that's perfect for holiday parties.
- I love making this white chocolate christmas crack because it's a family favorite treat made with simple ingredients
- If you're looking for something other that festive treats, try this easy christmas cheeseball or this snowman cheeseball.
Christmas Oreo Truffles
- 1 package gluten free Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 24 package white almond bark
- Christmas sprinkles
- Crush the Oreo cookies in a blender or food processor until is down to fine crumbs
- Blend the cream cheese and the cookie crumbs until the cookie mixture holds together
- Roll cookie mixture into 1-inch balls and arrange on cookie sheet lined with a baking mat, wax or parchment paper then chill for one hour
- Melt white bark in the tray provided in the microwave according directions stirring until smooth and just melted
- Dip the cookie balls in melted bark using a fork to dip into the melted bark and place each ball in a single layer on baking sheet to cool and top with sprinkles